Book submissions must be non-fiction, written in English (that being the language of the magazine), and it must have Malaysia – at least partially – as its narrative and cultural background.
The following conditions apply to all works submitted for consideration:
- A single-authored work of non-fiction in print or electronic format (excluding biographies and autobiographies).
- Broadly defined, the book should have Malaysia as its focal point.
- Written originally in English or originally published in any other language and translated into English.
- Published between July 2018 and July 2020.
- Available for retail in Malaysia.
- Open to any living writer regardless of nationality.
- The decision of the judges as to whether a book is eligible shall be final and binding, as would be their choice of the winner. No correspondence will be
- Publishers are invited to nominate and submit up to three books.
- Initially, one copy of the work should be submitted, together with a high-resolution image of the book cover, and these should be received by 31 July 2020.
10, Jalan Brown,
Submissions for Penang Book Prize 2020 will open in April 2020.
For enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in the form below.