Guarding your privacy is imperative to us. As such, Penang Monthly is committed to protecting ALL personal details provided by our readers to us. This is inclusive of the data we collect from all social media platforms / accounts in connection to our website, mobile site and electronic newsletters.
PERSONAL DATA & INFORMATION NOTICE
This Personal Data & Information Notice (“Notice”) is to notify you how Penang Monthly (PM), its associated company and jointly controlled entity (Penang Institute) collect and handle your personal data and information (“Personal Data”) in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”).
"Personal Data" means information about you, from which you are identifiable by that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by PM for its purposes. This will include but will not be limited to your name, postal address (both billing and shipping addresses), email address and debit or credit card number.
PM will also gather information such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses (the region or general location where the technological device(s) is accessing the Internet), browser type, operating system and other information pertaining to the use of PM including the history of viewed pages.
PM will also receive individual reader’s information made available by third party providers through the former’s use of social media accounts. These will include but will not be limited to your name and contact information, your username and password, your friends list and any information you have chosen to make public in connection with your social media accounts.
- PM may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes which shall include, without limitation :-
- To communicate with you, process any payment transactions, respond to questions, comments and feedback from you, to improve client relationship management and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of PM’s subscriber base;
- For internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, and to improve PM’s services;
- For PM to comply with its obligations under any laws;
- For any other purpose that is incidental or ancillary or in furtherance to the above purposes.
Personal Data provided to PM will generally be kept confidential but you hereby consent and authorise that the Personal Data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties. Further, PM may engage other parties to perform functions on PM’s behalf, and consequently may provide access to or disclose your Personal Data to such third parties.
Third parties are prohibited from using the Personal Data disclosed in any way other than to provide services for PM, and they may not share, resell or use the data for their own direct marketing purposes.
- Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data, by contacting :-
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Address: 10 Brown Road, 10350 Penang, Malaysia
Telephone: +604 228 3306
Business Hours: 8.30 am – 5.30 pm (Monday to Friday)
Certain sensitive data such as religious beliefs and political opinions cannot be disclosed without the express consent of the person.
In order to process your Personal Data, PM is required to obtain your consent. We trust that by providing to PM your Personal Data, you hereby consent to the processing of your Personal Data in accordance with all of the foregoing. If you do not wish for PM to process your Personal Data, please let PM know within 7 workings days of this notice. If PM does not receive any response from you on the above, PM shall assume that you are agreeable to the same.