A matrix to predict Penang’s population distribution

By Chan Huan Chiang

October 2010 UTTER ECONOMICS
main image
Advertisement
Here’s a hard subject made easy. Learning to hear Mathematics without speaking it is indeed possible. In any case, the idea of models gets demystified along the way.There is a policy document, I am told, that says 40% of Penangites shall, in the near future, be living on the island and the other 60%, on the mainland. One must wonder though, are these numbers mere guesswork by policy makers or are they numbers that surfaced as a result of sophisticated...

To read the rest of the article and to access our e-Archive, subscribe to us for RM150 a year.

PM
Chan Huan Chiang

is a senior research fellow at the Penang Institute.


`