General on the Great Hill: US Civil War Hero Visits Penang – Part Two
By Eugene QuahJanuary 2023 LEST WE FORGET
Our e-archive is not accessible to new users at the moment. If you're an existing subscriber, please log in to access our e-archives.
- Julia Dent Grant (1975), “Personal Memoirs of Julia Dent Grant (Mrs. Ulysses S. Grant)”.
- David S. Jones (1997), “Journal of the Malaysian Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society”.
- The Illustrated London News (1870).
- Jeffrey Seow (2013), “Koh Seang Tat”. In Loh Wei Leng, Badriyah Haji Salleh, Mahani Musa, Wong Yee Tuan & Marcus Langdon (Eds.), “Biographical Dictionary of Mercantile Personalities of Penang”.
- The Montreal Gazette, 21 May 1879
- Kendall A. Johnson (2017), “The New Middle Kingdom: China and the Early American Romance of Free Trade”.
- S. Wells Williams (1879), “Chinese Immigration” in the Journal of Social Science: Issues 10-13.
- John Russell Young (1879), “Around the World with General Grant”, Volume 2.
- Singapore Daily Times (1879).
- Philip Mathews (2013), “Chronicle of Malaysia: Fifty Years of Headline News, 1963-2013”.
is an independent researcher who is working on a book about Tanjung Bungah and Tanjung Tokong. He rediscovered the joys of writing after moving back to Penang from abroad while on a hiatus from designing software.