Pet Release: An Act Not as Harmless or Merciful as You Think
By Tan Yu KaiFebruary 2022 FEATURE
To read the rest of the article and to access our e-Archive, subscribe to us for RM150 a year.
- Hadfield, Michael G. (2021). "Extinction in Hawaiian Achatinelline Snails". A natural history of the Hawaiian islands: selected readings II, Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press, pp. 320-334. https://doi.org/10.1515/9780824844264-027
- Invasive Alien Species in Malaysia (2018). National Committee on Invasive Alien Species Malaysia, Malaysia. pp. 113.
- Latour, B. (1993). We have never been modern (C. Porter, Trans.). Harvard University Press.
- Marx, K., & Engels, F. (1955). “The Critique of Capitalism” in The Marx-Engels Reader (R. Tucker Eds.). New York: Appleton-Century-Crofts.
- Quah, Evan & Grismer, Larry & Muin, Mohd & Anuar, Shahrul. (2011). “Re-discovery and re-description of Ansonia penangensis Stoliczka, 1870 (Anura: Bufonidae) from Penang Island, Malaysia”. Zootaxa. 2807. 57-64. 10.11646/zootaxa.2807.1.4.
- Tan, Y. K. (2020). Worlds Apart: Being(s) in Place at the Penang Botanic Gardens. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.14418/wes01.1.2343
Tan Yu Kai
is a Penangite biologist-cum-artist passionate about human relationalities with the natural world. He is a triple major in Biology, Earth & Environmental Sciences and Anthropology, and was a Research Fellow at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History.