Today, four months down the road PWDC is set with nine fulltime and part-time staff on the go. Headed by chief executive officer (CEO) Sri Husnaini Sofjan who was once United Nations Fund for Women (UNIFEM) country manager in Acheh, Indonesia and complemented by a committed workforce with wide experience and passion in gender work, PWDC aims to fulfil the following objectives:
- Developing gender responsive policies and good governance;
- Promoting awareness and understanding of gender and social justice;
- Enhancing women’s participation in the socioeconomic and political life of society;
- Strengthening women’s leadership and decision-making in all sectors in society; and
- Enhancing and promoting an environment of inclusiveness within the multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-religious context of Penang.
To read the rest of the article and to access our e-Archive, subscribe to us for
RM150 a year.