Heritage in Numbers

loading

The George Town World Heritage site (WHS) stretches over an area of 259.42ha, with the core and buffer zones consisting 42.2% (109.38 hectares) and 57.8% (150.04 hectares) respectively (Figure 1).

Table 1 shows the number of buildings located in the core and buffer zones. As of 2016, more than 5,000 buildings were recorded, with 51.2% found in the core zone and the remaining 48.8% in the buffer zone. These buildings can be divided into four categories: Category 1, Category 2, Infill and Replacement.1


To read the rest of the article and to access our e-Archive, subscribe to us for RM150 a year.



Related Articles